Records Management & Archives Department – Mission, Mandate and Vision
Records Management and Archives Department supports the strategy of the University to achieve best practices in administration. Its mission is to:
- Ensure that documents and records of the University are organized, retained and disposed of in compliance with generally accepted recordkeeping principles and applicable legislation; and
- Preserve the University’s institutional memory.
Its mandate consists of:
- Establishing, maintaining and disseminating an effective Records Management Program, which includes the University Classification Plan, University Retention Schedule and related procedures used to apply the Policy on Records Management and Archives;
- Training and supporting University staff and faculty in applying the Records Management Program;
- Processing, protecting, preserving and disseminating the University’s historical archives; and
- Processing, protecting, preserving and disseminating private archives holdings, which support the teaching and research activities of the University.
The Records Management and Archives Department’s vision is to be known as a team of information management professionals for staff, and to be recognized as an important source of information for faculty, in their academic and research activities, and students, in their course assignments.
- Records Management
- Historical Archives