- Archival documents must be consulted on site. The Records Management and Archives (RM&A) Department also provides limited access by email and telephone. Please note that requests will be answered within 5 opening days. Users will be informed if any additional delay is necessary.
- Most of our holdings are available. However, please note that some documents are restricted because they contain personal, libelous, or defamatory information, or because a donor has requested a restriction for a specified period of time.
Areas of Specialization
- The Concordia University Records Management and Archives Department collects, processes, preserves, and provides access to private archival fonds and collections which are related to the history of the University or whose documents support the research activities of the academic programs of the University, including the documents of faculty, staff members, and research centres.
Planning a visit
- The RM&A Department is located downtown and is open to faculty, students, and staff of Concordia, and to external researchers, including the general public.
- The RM&A Technician, Caroline Sigouin, is available to assist researchers in person. Visits will be much more productive if an appointment is taken. You can do that by phoning or emailing Caroline Sigouin at 514-848-2424, ext. 7970 or send an email to email@example.com.
- It is important that all researchers come to the RM&A department with good background information and a clear idea of their research project.
- Before coming to our department, please consult the reading room rules.
- Before ordering copies, please consult our price list.
- Users are not permitted to copy documents with their own equipment.
- The RM&A staff does all copying.
- Some material is fragile and may not be copied.
- All copying must be done within the limitations of the Copyright Act. Researchers are responsible for securing copyright clearance when required.
- The RM&A Department reserves the right to limit the number of copies.
- eDocs Project
- Procedures and Guidelines
- Records Management